Disclosure

Sweat-Proof Summer Makeup!

23 June 2014


Hello lovelies! It's no secret that I have seriously oily skin. Add in the summer heat, and my face is basically an oil slick. Luckily, over the years I have tried countless moisturizers, primers, foundations, and more that promise shine-free skin, and I've found quite a few winners. So in honor of the official start of summer, I'm going to share my very favorite sweat-proof makeup!



1. NYX Shine Killer
This lightweight, clear primer is seriously my holy grail when it comes to keeping my face from melting off throughout the day. It does an amazing job of locking makeup in place- and making sure it stays there.


2. The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream
I know a mattifying moisturizer sounds a bit counter-intuitive, but stay with me on this one. I'm not sure how this little guy does it, but somehow it manages to hydrate your skin while also giving it a matte finish that lasts all day. Plus, the beachy scent of this cream is perfect for summer!


3. Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Combination/Oily Skin
This oil-free foundation from Revlon is the absolute best of the best in drugstore products. It's smooth, lightweight, goes on evenly, and provides great coverage. Best of all, it works wonders controlling sweat and oil throughout the day.


4. Urban Decay De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray
So I know this one is definitely on the pricey side, but in my opinion it's worth every penny. I like to apply this spray at the beginning of my makeup routine and then again at the very end. It does an incredible job of keeping skin matte and preventing makeup meltdown even in the hottest weather. And if you still need more motivation to pick this one up, the bottle seriously lasts forever!

Now that I've raved about all my favorite sweat-proof products, I want to hear about yours! Tell me how you prevent summer makeup meltdown in the comments down below!

For more product recommendations, be sure to check out my new video showing my makeup collection and storage! Click the video link below to learn the unexpected places I buy makeup storage, the unique way I organize my eyeshadow palettes, and tons more!



9 comments:

  1. I have such oily skin, I will definitely have to try that Body Shop Day Cream! The UD spray is my go to :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you love the day cream as much as I do!

      Delete
  2. Do you use all of these products each time or only certain ones together. I have oily skin but live where it gets humid so my eyeline melts and I look like I have black eyes after a few hours as well as major melting overall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really depends on how much I think I'll be sweating! I use the Shine Killer as a primer every day, and I generally use the De-Slick as well. I trade off between a few different foundations, but I find that the Revlon Colorstay is the best for keeping oiliness at bay. Hope that helped!

      Delete
  3. Awesome products! I don't have oily skin, but I'm sure these are all great!
    www.madisonblanding.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually have drier skin with some normal in the t-zone...but...I live in the humid south (transplanted). I'm wondering if any of these will work for me?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am using Urban Decay De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray right now. I've tried so many different setting sprays and so far this is my favorite. I have a little system and my makeup doesn't budge all day. First I do foundation up to top of cheekbones, then concealer. I first apply a lighter shade concealer followed by a peach shade and then I spray with the setting spray. I apply a light coat of banana setting powder just under eyes and spray with setting spray again. After the rest of my face is finished I give 3 sprays over entire face.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm getting married in a outdoors in August in a very humid climate (my crazy choice) and I have oily skin. Can you recommend a powder or pressed powder foundation? I'm not normally a fan of liquid foundation. I've been using Bare Minerals but it doesn't seem to keep my oily shine at bay. But I'll still take mineral recommendations! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Show this post some love! I read all comments before they are posted, so please don't waste your time or mine with spam!

Blog design by